The news: Maxwell Financial Laboratories and its subsidiary Maxwell Lender Solutions—A US-based fintech mortgage solutions platform founded in 2015 — launched what it claims to be a ‘first of its kind’ product platform, Maxwell processor edge, targeting small and medium-sized lenders.
What does it do? The web application is tailor-made for loan processors and integrates with lender loan origination systems. It uses machine learning and AI to speed up the document review process and detect data discrepancies before underwriting.
- Loan Closing Times in the United States have medium about 52 days, according to the Ellie Mae Origination Insight report. Maxwell claims its solutions to help loan officers conclude 15% more loans every month while shorten the process by more than 13 days.
- Maxwell CEO John Paasonen noted by Maxwell revenues increased by 250% over the past year. The company says it serves over 300 lenders nationwide and facilitated more … than $ 150 billion in loan volume nowadays.
- Over the past year and a half, Maxwell raised $ 73.8 million of its funders, including Wells Fargo Strategic Capital, by Bloomberg, who stowed the valuation of the company in October at $ 450 million.
What is the opportunity? The United States saw the most door-to-door sales since 2006 Last year. Faced with record demand for mortgage services, along with social distancing requirements that made face-to-face meetings more difficult, traditional lenders have moved from manual paper-based processes to automated digital solutions. As loan spending nears an all-time high in 2021, lenders research higher processing efficiency and speed.
- Small community lenders represent 60.7% of the US $ 4 trillion mortgage loan industry– but they are in competition with historical banks, neobanks and mega-banks like Quicken Loans and loan deposit.
- Net income per loan has decreases almost 63% since its high in the third quarter of 2020, while the the cost per loan has swelled by more than 15%.
- Greater market compression and rising loan costs mean profit margins will be even more difficult to maintain in 2022 as interest rates rise and mortgage volumes shift to buying.
The overview: To compete in the crowded home loan solutions market, Maxwell will need strong partnerships and additional financing to drive innovation.
- Its biggest competitor, Mixed, said process on average over $ 5 billion in loans Daily. Blend reached a valuation of $ 3.3 billion in April.
- Other competing solutions and services include the Google cloud-supported Loan DocAI, Dark knights Underwriter Assist, Roostify, and Ocrolus (who recently partnered with Blend).
- Two of the largest American lenders, UWM and Rocket mortgage, have made their in-house mortgage origination technology available to partners.